Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

confessions of a sympathy seeker

My life has been such a roller coaster ride the past month that I could open up my own amusement park. <--- I just made that up, I'll be here all week... 

*mic drop*

Just when I think I've got all my ducks in a row, the universe does an impromptu "cup check" that effectively knocks all the wind right out of my sails.

My apologies, I have an analogy dependency that is currently going untreated.

I've found a place of helplessness that I'm extremely uncomfortable with. Nearing the end of my lease, the clock slowly ticks as I scramble to find a new place to call home. Thankfully I found someone willing to be my roommate...yes, I said WILLING. But decent places in Seattle are hard to find, especially when your budget is limited.

Long (complicated and pathetic) story short, we were about to sign a lease when I got a "cup check" in the mail, an outlandish bill demanding 6 months worth of utilities to be paid within the next 2 weeks. I blame all the laundry I have to do because of the running. Running is always to blame.

So now I find myself at the mercy of friends, asking those closest to me if I can be a home wrecker for a few weeks while I sort out my affairs and find a source of income (minor details).

My mother must be so proud.

Amidst all the chaos, I have kept my streak alive. Day 128 and going strong!

Making the climb.
Bandera Mountain.
Iron Horse Trail to Twin Falls.
I took this photo of myself. Boom! Selfie master.
I'm keeping this entry brief because no one likes a Negative Nancy. What will be, will be. Until next time, my streak continues! #streak365

No comments:

Post a Comment