Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

the beginning

I returned from Club Cross a humbled woman. It was an honor to don a uniform and run for the Oiselle Team as VoleƩ member. And as for my performance...I finished! That's all she wrote.

For the past eight weeks I've been living out a suitcase, traveling like a gypsy nomad around the northwest and finding a new place to rest my head every few days. (Admittedly, I have yet to find a suitable dresser for my room so technically I've been living out of a suitcase even at home, but I digress.) To save time and effort, I'll give you the short-hand version...

10/27/13: Fresno, CA [moved to] Auburn, WA (900 miles)
12/01/13: Auburn, WA [moved to] Seattle, WA (30 miles)
12/13/13: Seattle, WA [drive to] Bend, OR [and back again] Seattle, WA (660 miles)


*Insert 5 days of dog-sitting at a place near U-Village in Seattle*


12/23/13: Seattle, WA [flight to] San Francisco, CA [drive to] Clovis, CA (1,000 miles)


12/28/13: Clovis, CA [drive to] Auburn, CA (200 miles)
12/29/13: Auburn, CA [drive to] San Francisco, CA [fly to] Seattle, WA (930 miles)

That is a grand total of 3,720 miles. That is essentially the distance from San Francisco, CA to Caribou, ME with some change left over...


The point of this pity party was to justify the fact that I haven't run since I got back from Bend. But now the day is upon us, my runstreak of gargantuan proportions begins tomorrow, January 1st, 2014.

365 days of running 1 mile or more; a 5k PR, a 5:10 mile TT in my underwear, and an ultra marathon are all on the agenda for 2014.

To put my money where my legs are, I have officially signed up for the American River 50 miler.
I have 3 months and 5 days to ready myself for what will surely be the most grueling thing I have done to date.


Happy New Year! Let the fun begin.
#streak365

No comments:

Post a Comment